MailChimp Add-On ¶
The MailChimp Add-On is a premium one, you can buy it on our landing page. Thank you!
The Easy Forms MailChimp Add-On gives you an easy way to integrate all of your online forms with the MailChimp email marketing service. Collect and add subscribers to your email marketing lists automatically when a form is submitted.
Custom Fields ¶
Populate MailChimp custom fields from form field data.
Interest Group ¶
Assign subscribers to interests to group them together.
Collect the Subscriber’s IP address to estimate the subscriber's location on MailChimp.
Control opt-in and only add subscribers when a certain condition is met.
Subscriber Status & Double Opt-In ¶
You can include the subscriber’s status in your configuration.
- Use Subscribed to add an address right away.
- Use Pending to send a confirmation email. MailChimp automatically send a double opt in message to ensure only legitimate subscribers are added.
- Use Unsubscribed or Cleaned to archive unused addresses.
Install MailChimp Add-On ¶
The MailChimp Add-On installing process is very simple, same to any other Add-On. To install the MailChimp Add-On follow the documentation to install an Add-On from the Add-On Manager.
Create a Sign Up Form ¶
Forms are created through the Form Builder. You just need to drag and drop the fields your form needs.
Then, from the MailChimp Add-On interface you can select the fields that will collect the necessary information to send to MailChimp. For example, email, name and custom fields, etc.
Now, to create a Sign Up Form follow the next steps:
- Click on the Create a Sign Up Form button
- Enter your MailChimp API Key and Click Connect to MailChimp. Click here to get more information.
- Finally, you need to map the form fields (Easy Forms) to the list fields (MailChimp).
- Select your Form
- Select your List
- Click on Status: ON.
- Click on Subscriber's IP Address: ON.
- Enable an Opt-In Condition. The opt-in condition shows that in order to forward information to MailChimp, the field value must be present when the form is submitted. It's usually a Checkbox field, for example: A checkbox with the label: “Sign-up to our newsletter”.
- In the section Map Fields:
- Select your Subscriber Email Field (required)
- Select your Subscriber Status (required)
- Select your Subscriber Interest Field
- Map a Form Field to a List Field (MailChimp Custom Field)
- Save the Form.